The eCO2 Fractional Laser can assist in treatment of aging skin.
This laser can produce mild, moderate or aggressive results depending on the degree of sun damage, patients’ tolerance to treatment and the patients desired outcome. For optimal results several treatments over several months may be needed. Patients report significant improvement with one treatment and include:
- Reduced facial lines and wrinkles
- Improved firmness and smoother appearance to the skin
- Reduction in appearance of scars
- Improvement in sun damage (such as brown spots)
- Improvement in pigmented and vascular conditions of the skin
For most patients the healing process is 3-14 days depending on the level of treatment provided. With the Fractional Laser the healing period is greatly reduced due to the nature of the laser treatment. Micro-ablative beams of energy penetrate the skin leaving adjacent portions of the skin intact resulting in faster healing. As these micro-ablative columns heal new collagen is produced resulting in healthier and more youthful-appearing skin. Patients must have Fitzpatrick skin type I-III (fair to lightly olive skin) to benefit from this treatment. Those patients with Fitzpatrick skin type IV-VI may experience skin discoloration which makes them more difficult to treat.
Patients should have a skin care consultation with our aesthetic nurse injectors 8-10 weeks prior to treatment. Use of sunscreen before and after treatment is required to obtain the best results. Use of a topical retinoid and bleaching cream is also frequently advisable.
Arrive one hour prior to your treatment for the application of an anesthetic cream. Some patients may require light oral sedation and local anesthetic for pain and comfort. All patients undergoing peri-oral or full face treatment will be required to pre-treat with an anti-viral to avoid a herpetic outbreak. Avoid sun exposure and all topical tanning lotions for 2 weeks prior to treatment, and a month after. All patients require a driver to take them home.
At Home Care:
- Keep head elevated 30 degrees
- Use ice for 48 hours (off and on)
- Vinegar Soaks 4-5 times daily
- Aquaphor or other suggested topical to maintain protection and moisture for healing
- Gentle Cleanser (Obagi, CeraVe, Cetaphil are some suggestions)
- Sunscreen (Zinc Oxide with Titanium Dioxide) Do not use until completely healed